My poor husband got made into a BBQ and coleslaw sandwich for dinner the other night. Of course, I realized later that I forgot to add his glasses (well he let me know I forgot, oops!). And I wish I could say that Carl ate this, but being a picky toddler, he had no interest in BBQ. He liked the sauce but spit the meat out (lovely, I know).
So here's how I made this ridiculously cheesy Dad-themed sandwich.
- BBQ dressing
- Deli thin
- Place half of the deli thin toward the top of the plate.
- Cut the other piece of deli thin in half. Place it touching the bottom of the head (which creates a shoulders/chest area).
- Carefully place BBQ on the bread to create hair and facial hair (if needed).
- Place the coleslaw on the half-moon piece of deli thin to create a festive looking shirt.
- Use the BBQ sauce to draw eyes, a nose, mouth, and glasses.
- Using the leftover piece of deli thin, cut out 2 triangles and 1 circle to make a bow tie or tie.