95 Easter Basket Ideas for Babies & Toddlers

Wednesday, April 30, 2014




When I started to purchase things for my son's Easter basket last year, I was at a total loss of what to buy. Everything in the Easter section was either candy or toys for older children. I remember spending hours time strolling through Target looking for things that would fit into his basket. I don't know about you, but for me, filling an Easter basket for a 3 month old was difficult. This year, I had too many ideas. I couldn't even fit it all into Carl's basket! So I thought I would share with you Carl's finished Easter basket. As a bonus, I have included a free printable list of 95 basket fillers for babies and toddlers!

I found most of Carl's items at Target (in the dollar section!) and online at Amazon. His basket is my Easter basket from when I was a child. It's the only real non-girly item I was able to pass down to him (not sure he'd be too crazy about my Samantha doll). 

What's inside of your child's Easter basket this year? I would love to hear some more ideas so I can add them to my list!



Carl's First Easter - 2013


Carl's Finished Easter Basket - 2014


His Basket Up Close 

 What's inside Carl's Basket?




1. Carrot bubbles from Target's dollar section

2. Ollie's Easter Eggs board book (Gossie & Friends) Carl's favorite book early on was Gossie. This got us collecting Gossie & Friends books. They are so adorable!

3. Munchkin Ten Squirtin Sea Buddies Carl's needed replacing, if you haven't replaced your child's in a while, you may want to. They get really gross inside!

4. Shortbread cookies (Target's Market Pantry)

5. Chick straw cup from Target

6. VTech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Race Car II Carl has the train and fire station sets. He loves them so we thought this little car would be a great addition.



7. Wiffle balls from Target's dollar section Although I was informed by my wiffle ball aficionado that these are not true wiffle balls... oops.. who knew there was a difference?

8. Lightning McQueen from Target's dollar section 


9. Mini-chocolate bunny from Target


10. Bunny socks from Target's dollar section


11. Outdoor chalk and holder from Target's dollar section Hoping Carl will actually play with this and not try to eat the chalk...one can only hope! 





12. DC Super Friends Book I can't take the credit for this one, my husband grabbed this one day while out. I think he may be a little tired of reading all of the baby books.

13.Dr Seuss: Green Eggs & Ham & Other Stories My son's favorite story he reads with my husband is Green Eggs and Ham. He gets to excited so I can't wait for him to see this!




14 .Fisher-Price Silly Sounds Puzzle I may have overbought with this one...for some reason I thought it would fit in the basket.

Here's what the printable list looks like. It is divided into categories. Download the PDF below the Free Materials banner!







post signature

This was originally posted on Bed Rested Teacher.

2 comments :

  1. this is a very creative safe way to to send awesome gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what i was looking for!!! Just a list of possible things to get!!! Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete